Metaphysics, Method and Politics
The Political Philosophy of R. G. Collingwood
This book argues that R.G. Collingwood developed a rich and coherent account of politics and civilization. It situates Collingwood's political philosophy within his broad philosophical approach, and shows how he understood political experience within the context of human experience as a whole. The author argues that Collingwood's philosophical project is both coherent and unified, and that his political philosophy should be considered as part of an integrated whole.
Table of Contents
- The Unity of Collingwood's Philosophy
- Metaphysics and Method: A Necessary Unity
- Absolute Presuppositions in Collingwood's Philosophy
- Theory , Practice and the Forms of Action
- Political Action
- Civilization and Barbarism
- The Dimensions of Civilization
· ISBN 0-907845-31-2 ·
Published July 2003 by Imprint Academic · Cloth ·
336 pages · $49.90 ·
You may also place an order by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300, by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.